aaa VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 10-Oct-00  @  04:29 PM   -   VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

well i just baught my registration key for Vsampler which ive been using for a while now, that feels like money well spent, its really a great piece of software specialy if you dont have a real sampler. ive been running VST 5.o for 2 weeks or so, and last night i installed the modified APS asio drivers on my sblive and my new Vsampler 2.2 (upgraded from 1.7) and well.. this combination is totaly f***ing amazing!!
with these drivers latency is 8ms!,(used to be 750ms with creative drivers.) that means all VST intruments (including VSampler) can be played in realtime, VST 5 comes with some great new fx plugins, and this is the bit that really blew me away... Virtual Sampler when loaded as a vst intrument can have from 1 up to 16 ! STEREO channels coming into the VST mixer, which you can then treat with fx, eq, plugins or whatever seperately. that really is a virtual studio and with no expensive hardware at all. guess im gonna need more than 400mhz soon though.

anybody using the sblive check out these drivers, seriously wicked....http://come.to/sblive

supposed to get two stereo analog outs as well, still dont know how it all works tho.

martin.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/24             31-Oct-00  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

yes your right k, guess that is the latency of my cs1x.
not sure tony, there shouldnt be any delay when recording no matter what the latency, maybe i dont understand the question. have you uninstalled the old drivers?

Message 22/24             03-Nov-00  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

glockh210

APS drivers installed properly but now i can't listen to CD's what am i not getting here?

Message 23/24             12-Nov-00  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

Shrivel

I thought I'd lost the ability to easily nick samples from CDs via the SBLive value CD digital input but you can actually do it.
I can't remember exactly what to do, but you need to right click on the audio in strip in the APSMixer and select CD Audio. You can listen to CDs via both Digital and Audio inputs.

Message 24/24             12-Nov-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: VST,VSampler,SBlive=awesome, dude!!

m

yesterday i studied how to use the APS mixer completely and i wrote a little tutorial at the same time its in the souncard forum, playing cds no problem-- but theres loads more, 6 stereo buses from VST, onbaord fx, 2 stereo outs, you can even use the DSP fx in realtime from your souncard input, go check it out.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)