aaa Your Dream SoundCard - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Your Dream SoundCard

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Feb-01  @  03:54 PM   -   Your Dream SoundCard

stefan_surzycki

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

If price was not an object, and the world was really flat, what would all of you all's dreamcard be, (real or imaginary)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             06-Mar-01  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

gb

For other people too, I mean. I'm very interested.

Message 22/28             10-Mar-01  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

dermotd

I'd be very grateful if one or other of you guys/gals would clarify this matter of using APS drivers from EMU(?)with the SB Live. I'm about to buy a new PC and haven't yet decided on a soundcard but the SB Live! Platinum interests me greatly. Would you also please clarify the legality or illegality of it. Any websites where this is covered in detail?
Thanks,
Dermot

Message 23/28             11-Mar-01  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

JT

With future upgrades creamware is making their lower end cards compatible with pulsar/scope plugins. So users of luna/powersampler/elektra can use them too. So I think creamware is not so bad afterall.

Message 24/28             13-Mar-01  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

nemss77

Hi. I have a soundblaster live and a delta 44. I wanted to use the sound blaster as a transport for midi and the delta 44 for audio. The soundblaster works. But i can't get cubase to record any audio through my delta. I want to keep both cards because i do not have a hardsynth. Does anyone have any ideas thanx boocoop.

Message 25/28             15-Mar-01  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

k

dermotd - do a search for APS in the forum here AND in the DER LINKS section.... um - i wouldn't bother with worrying about legalities from Creative...

nemss77... is the delta properly installed as your audio device in cubase's asio setup section?? - to get input audio recorded requires the channels (in) are setup right and activated too - but first, is the card installed and showing ok ? and is it running on asio delta drivers or mme ones?...

Message 26/28             16-Mar-01  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

99devils

gb, better late than never: I'm
thinking it's probably going to be a
Frontier WaveCenter PCI. It's cheaper
than the RMEs, basically. Once I finish
paying off the 01V (soon, very soon)
then I'm going to begin moving towards
that setup.

I'd like a Hammerfall, but we'll have to
see how the $$$ look. Also, I really
don't need all those ADAT ports - the
01V can only take 1 ADAT card  

-Craig

Message 27/28             31-Mar-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

Brett B

Link?:  Link

I have an o1v, i was thinking of getting the apogee 24bit eas/ebu for it, but what sound card with super low latency would have this kind of input? I want the pulsar xtc, and the tcpower core in my box, and the o1v on the front end. Does creamware offer and eas/ebu card to go with the pulsar. I really want apogee AD's. This system would rock. Tc powercore on the master section, all my plug-ins running on the pulsar, and 24/96 apogee AD's. All running on a pIV 1.4. I am going to get it all running by mid summer.

Message 28/28             31-Mar-01  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Your Dream SoundCard

Brett B

Link?:  Link

just checked, the apogee AP8AD card for my mixer has Tascam D connector out. The creamware only offers adat and eas/ebu and spdif. But the adat and Spdif, and eas/ebu are only 50khz. I love the design on the pulsar xtc. Is there a Tascam Card out there with low latency. i record now at 24/48khz,with the 20bit ad's on my o1v, and my recordings are pretty good. They could be comparable to pro studios with the apogee 24/96 going in, but I want to take advantage of the soft synths and fx on the pulsar as well as the TCpowercore.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)