aaa newbie tip - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: newbie tip

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jun-01  @  04:33 AM   -   newbie tip

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

tired of highlighting and copying parts across to make longer passages of repeating patterns on a track?

highlight the part you want to copy - click CTRL + K

then double click the 'number of copies' box, and to create say a noice 16 bar section from a 1 bar loop, type '15' - hey presto!

ghost copies just means they are releated to the original, and thus if you change the original the copies also change.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/28             19-Jul-01  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: newbie tip

k

Link?: Link

FOLDER TRACKS.... on an empty track go to the column where you make the track a drum-track or midi track etc etc... choose FOLDER TRACK... then grab ANY tracks you like (click-hold the actual track header row whete the track title is written, as if you are grabbing it to move it up/down & re-order it's position in the vertical stack)... then drag the track up and drop it onto the created folder track header... hey presto... open/close the FOLDER track using the little +/- button to show/hide the contents.... great for organising screen clutter.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/28             20-Jul-01  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: newbie tip

adams04

Link?:  No link

Right.
Um ,are u on Cubase5 fulltime?
Should i upgrade?
I,m now using some vst instruments along with my external gear.
Are there majior improvements in 5?

Thanx John.

Message 23/28             21-Jul-01  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: newbie tip

k

well.... depends.... I think it's a bit better, and runs a tad lighter. depnds on the cost to upgrade and if it's worth it... to you that is.

Message 24/28             23-Jul-01  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: newbie tip

influx

folder tracks are for audio only.

Kilo..whats this about setting keys on the controller as transports? Mustve missed that one

as for if cubase5 is better..well...it has more features thats for sure, and the midi is supposed to be tighter

Message 25/28             23-Jul-01  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: newbie tip

k

no they are not, folder tracks work with all types of tracks. Remote transport is via the KEY-COMMANDS setup page.

Message 26/28             23-Jul-01  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: newbie tip

influx

you sure about that? for midi too? I thought I had tried that..

oh well.

Message 27/28             11-Aug-01  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: newbie tip

k

s'pose y'all newbies know the copy command -??

CTRL + K = copy - just say how many copies & wether Ghost or normal copies and hit it!!

Message 28/28             12-Aug-01  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: newbie tip

sox

Something I do with the folder tracks is to divide them up to match the groups I have set up. ie. Folder Track "Drums" (all of the imported Fruity Loops drums divided up into individual sounds, normally 8-10 individual tracks), Folder Track "Vocals", Folder Track MIDI (with all the original instruments in case I need to do edits and rerecord as audio, Folder Track "Guitars" etc etc. This works a treat and keeps your screen much more manageable. Especially when you start to go above the 8 tracks of audio/16 tracks of midi on the arrange page.

sox

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)