aaa ok - recording WITH fx on monitor - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ok - recording WITH fx on monitor

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             31-Jan-02  @  09:14 AM   -   ok - recording WITH fx on monitor

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok, i'm still messing , BUT i found a halfway fix...

if the INPUT AUDIO OBJECT is made STEREO instead of mono, and the actual record audio track is MONO, then if you split your signal and feed it into the stereo input, when you hit record, the fx still are audible - what seems to happen is, the actual audio-track goes into record shutting down the 1st record INPUT, but the split feed going into input 2 is still passing thru the input object & out to the reverb....

if you are recording to track1 (Left), then pan the audio-input object far RIGHT so only the right side of the stereo input is sending to the reverb - then make the send PRE fade and drop the fader completely... all you'll hear is reverb

then hit the record-ready button on track 1 assigned to Input-1 (left) and you get the actual signal dry which you can balance the reverb return against - when it's all nice, hit record...

no reverb gets recorded... so you then have to duplicate the reverb on the actual audio-1 channel so that when you playback it's got reverb too.

it's a half way fix... at least you CAN add fx, AND hear them as you record a dry signal - it just requires some setting up

the down-side would be when you started to run out of inputs cos to do this you must sacrifice 1 side of the stereo soundcard input.... but thats ok for vocals etc!!!

try it... i'm still looking for a way to build a setup in the enviroment that auto-mutes and all that so you can do drop in's....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             31-Jan-02  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: ok - recording WITH fx on monitor

bedwyr

Link?: Link

fucking cool, k. wa-hey!

Message 3/3             01-Feb-02  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: ok - recording WITH fx on monitor

k

Link?:  Link

my pleasure bro'  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)