aaa RME Pst, the Hoontech, the Deltas - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: RME Pst, the Hoontech, the Deltas

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             23-Nov-01  @  01:20 PM   -   RME Pst, the Hoontech, the Deltas

Tim Monakrea

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

There has been lots of talk about several semi pro cards and their advantages and disadvantages. Just one major issue I find missing...did anyone actually have the possibility to compare converter quality/dynamic range etc. on several cards of the same price range?
I do agree, that it's not really a surprise that everybody loves their own card as long as it works properly.
But I for example have a major problem foreshadowing what will actually come out of the cards as a resulting any of my typical projects.

So questions that would arise include the a/d converter quality, concerning the hoontech dsp2000 in comparison to the rme pst (with or without analogue expansion) or the delta 44/66s.

Sure I've heard about the superior quality of rme audio cards, and I do realize that delta or hoontech cards are less epensive and offer much more features, but that doesn't really tell, how considerable the differences are. Can you actually HEAR a difference when recording over analogue in among the cards? Is it merely a difference in the spectral analysis or is it actually the recognition "Wow, that card sounds dull compared to that". You see my problem.

I'd apprciate some words by someone who had the chance of a listening comparison.

Greets
-Tim

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             23-Nov-01  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: RME Pst, the Hoontech, the Deltas

k

Link?:  Link

they all got tons of headroom now so there's zip in it to be honest of the ones i've tried. It's mostly a load of old rot talked about this subject pretty much like the speaker industry. They are all pretty quiet if working properly, and 50% of them or more use the exact same bits.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             23-Nov-01  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: RME Pst, the Hoontech, the Deltas

influx

Link?:  Link

Hey..the RME digi 96/8 is only $269 I think it is at audiomidi.com. I dont know this card specifically but a friend has a hammerfall and is VERY pleased with it

im going with the 96/8 PST which has stereo analog IO so I can track through my joe meek C2

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)