aaa soundiver + cubase - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: soundiver + cubase

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             21-Sep-01  @  04:36 PM   -   soundiver + cubase

Bernard

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I recently bought a Virus kb, with it is the great program Sounddiver. Now I have a technical question, I asked already to Access, but they don't know. In the manual is now explaning for my problem.
The program works very good when run alone, however when I want to use it together with my sequencer (Cubase) I have no control for both. Only one (the one I open first) has midi contact, the other receives no midi data.
I tried with Midiyoke but with no result. Do you think there is a way running both programs at the same time?
It would be very nice, controlling the sound while making a song.

Bernard

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             21-Sep-01  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: soundiver + cubase

Nando

Link?:  No link

Hi Bernard,

I don't believe that you can use Cubase and Sounddiver in the way that you want. I am not positive but I believe that you need to use an application that supports "Autolink". Currently only Logic supports this although Emagic does not hold back other companies from providing support for it.

Try posting your question on the Sounddiver mailing list at yahoogroups. The main Emagic developer of Sounddiver (Michael Haydn) reads the list and responds many times. You may not get a direct answer from him but there are sure to be others who have tried and may have some sort of reply. Do a search for sounddiver-users at the Yahoogroups site.

HTH,

Message 3/3             28-Sep-01  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: soundiver + cubase

CK aka PENBOA

Link?:  Link

Yes you can run them both together, but you need a midi interface with multi-client midi drivers, for example any of the Midiman midi interfaces. But note that the new Steinberg Midi interfaces are not multiclient.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)