aaa help! win2k and echoaudio gina20! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: help! win2k and echoaudio gina20!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             24-Sep-01  @  08:31 PM   -   help! win2k and echoaudio gina20!

negative_burn

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

aaarrrggghhh!!!

i have an echoaudio gina20 that has served me faithfully and excellently for a couple of years now. recently, i got a new hard drive and installed win2k sp2 on it. went to echo's site and got the latest drivers for gina20 (0.64) installed them... and nothing. playback in winamp and media player is slow and jerky as all hell. audio apps crash.

i've exchanged a few emails with tech support but have yet to get anything concrete from them. echo's site has been down for days.
i've gone to every tech forum i can think of for help.

system:
amd tbird 900mhz (not overclocked)
abit kt7a mobo w/ kt133 chipset (latest via 4in1 drivers installed)
256 mb ram
gina20
ibm deskstar 60xp 40gb 7200rpm drive

i've heard of some issues w/ this mobo and chipset, but everything worked *perfectly* under win98 first edition (same system, just different drive)

please god help!!! driving me insane!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             27-Sep-01  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: help! win2k and echoaudio gina20!

dustin lyday

Link?:  No link

are you sure it's not becouse your not using the win2k driver. I think all the win2k drivers are all Beta. That's why I'm still with win98 until their out of Beta.

Random info:
I heard that WIN2K isn't the best for media work.
The only specifics I've actually read is that it has Midi problems. Not problems->more like gliches.

Message 3/3             28-Sep-01  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: help! win2k and echoaudio gina20!

milan

Link?:  Link

Yeah, i´m using Win98 with Gina20 and all is well, but Winamp would crash the pc occasionaly due to the drivers, but you can use MS Media Player, that works fine on my machine.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)