aaa need to reinstall....2000? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: need to reinstall....2000?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             24-Sep-01  @  10:38 PM   -   need to reinstall....2000?

djvinnybricks

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've been out of the loop here for a while and I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is the way to go right now. Should I do 98 SE or 2000?

I have a Gina24 card and two Adaptec SCSI controllers: AHA2940UW PCI and AVA1505 ISA if any of that matters.

thanks and peace

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             25-Sep-01  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: need to reinstall....2000?

k

Link?:  No link

well surely win2k being Nt can be installed without any extra s/w over 98 and it creates a boot menu like NT so you can choose which os to boot and um, I think you can even install 98 AFTER win2k which you couldn't do with NT.

Message 3/3             25-Sep-01  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: need to reinstall....2000?

Vinny

Link?:  No link

I never knew you could do that with NT. I have never really used NT or 2000. The start of my problems causing my need to reinstall is from trying to use partition magic to run 98 and 2000.

I might just try 2000 and see if it works ok wiuth all my stuff. If it doesn't then I still have all my stuff backerd up and ready to go back to 98SE. Then maybe I'll try the dual boot thing.

thanks for the info. you always come through for me, k.

peace
Vinny

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)