aaa audiophile vs mia or s/h darla - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: audiophile vs mia or s/h darla

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             06-Oct-01  @  04:29 AM   -   audiophile vs mia or s/h darla

shado

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just want to know what the stability and audio quality of the m-audio audiophile 96/24 is compared to the mia and if the new cards sound audibly better than a s/h darla. stability is everything for me having owned a terratec ews 64. thanx in advance dale

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Oct-01  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: audiophile vs mia or s/h darla

k

there are some problems with the mia actualy right now, dunno if they sorted it, but there is some driver glitches & stuff causing erroneous midi ports to appear (no midi on the Mia) and glitches in audio playback... the midiman does have midi tho all-in. I won't make a comparison tho cos one could have problems also with a midiman in some cases like all cards, but I think with known current problems the midiman might be a safer bet... or look at hoontech which I think has better asio2 drivers than midiman & offers you the option to upgrade to an 8x8 rack later if you choose.... But, the midiman works fine with asio2 in VST & Reason & Orion etc, just not so hot in Logic, but then it has EASI for logic which works good.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             08-Oct-01  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: audiophile vs mia or s/h darla

shado

Thanx Kilo,
I originally thought of the Mia being better as I thought Echo had their shit together re. drivers. Can't wait to push Cubase to the limit with effects, vsti's and eq and see if it can replace my VS-1680. I hear good things about the Audiophile from ppl hear in Oz also. Having digi in/out and midi beats the Mia hands down. Cya Dale

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)