aaa Synchro problems - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Synchro problems

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             12-Aug-01  @  07:39 PM   -   Synchro problems

mallo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello!!
/*my problem may sounds stupid,sorry!*/
so, i would like to use Logic with some patterns i made on my sirius....i take the example of 1 kick track and 1 or 2 pads tracks. All have a different length:
*Kick track: length=2 bars on my Sirius Sequencer*
so, i convert my patterns to WAVE,
select an Audio Track,
made a good loop,
open the audio window to put on the arrange window my sample,
and make some copies (using 'R' button)
Then
*Pads track: length=4*
i make again the same things and when i put it in the arrange window,
I make some copy of the thing.....
AND the 2 are not synchronized:i mean the more i copy them,the more they will not begin at the same time.

I don't know why i have that problem,if i use logic just as a midi sequencer i have not that problem.Help me please.
THANK YOU!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             14-Aug-01  @  11:44 PM     Edit: 14-Aug-01  |  11:50 PM   -   RE: Synchro problems

k

Link?: Link

sounds like the patterns you are recording aint EXACTLY the bar lengths you think so with each copy it is butt-joining the start of the slightly longer loop to the end of the last and gradualy increasing the off-set bar by bar - the sample you import only needs to be a few samples longer that the exact bar length for this to happen - The more it is out, the greater the offset and the less bars of pasting are required for this offset to increase with each paste.

So two options.

1. either record the data over to the Logic from your Sirius sequencer, or ...

2. import the drum loop and then open it up in audio-edit and make sure it is EXACTLY 4 bars long at the given tempo - take a look and see if the kik's are dropping exactly on the beat markers... if not, timestretch it to fit before copying.

however, if you try a normal copy & paste it should butt-join the appended loop at the exact opening start beat of the next bar and ask you if you should write over the other pattern. or merge

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             19-Aug-01  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: Synchro problems

me

Link?:  No link

thank you for your answer!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)