aaa cubase on mac? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: cubase on mac?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             07-Jun-01  @  09:09 PM   -   cubase on mac?

styas

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

absolutely sickened by how many problems logic is having with my G4... how is cubase 5.0 runnin for anyone with a G4? I was used to cubase on my pc and liked it... suggestions OTHER than the delta card accepted as well.. I was told the motu 2408 and cubase was a good combo.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             09-Jun-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: cubase on mac?

damballah

Link?: Link

the 2408 comes with audiodesk -- motu's multitrack software, sort of digital performer w/o the sequencer part. but they also will upgrade you to DP at a discount. so if you're going to buy a 2408 and a sequencer, you might just think about motu straight down the line. I've heard he 2408 series does ok with cubase, too -- asio drivers and all. I've heard it doesn't get along so good with logic, surprise surprise. I switched from logic to cubase on the pc side because of a similar situation to yours.

there's also the RME Hammerfall, they've got mac drivers and asio 2.0 now.

Message 3/3             22-Jun-01  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: cubase on mac?

noah

Link?:  No link

I use VST 5.0 on a G4 and I've had a number of annoying problems for about a year now. I also have a 2408 and I've had very few problems with the combo--the errors are always "inside" the G4 (I think, type 2's, which I believe are memory errors, or "numeric overload"). What seems to keep everything running smoothly is trashing Cubase every couple of months and reinstalling it. If you don't do this already, try restarting with apple, option, p and r held down. This resets physical memory (whatever exactly that means) and has been helpful for me.--noah

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)