aaa Luna II vs Hoontech - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Luna II vs Hoontech

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             16-May-01  @  07:52 AM     Edit: 02-Dec-12  |  10:00 PM   -   Luna II vs Hoontech

An

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok next year i will move to UK for an MSc course.
I have decided i will carry my VirusB and a PC with me and i have difficulty in deciding which soundcard to buy.

I need :

Ultra low latency
Midi In/Out
Digital I/O
At least one quality stereo analog I/O although more would be great

So i am between a Luna II and a Hoontech.

Essentially i want to use Orion Pro as my sequencer and sample player (mostly percussion and fx)
I want to be able to mix the VirusB output with th PC audio and it would be nice if i could add
some compression to it in real time.Pleace notice that i probably want take my mixer with me.

So i have the following questions :

1) Will Orion Pro let me send individual sounds to different outputs (Hoontech) or different mixer channels (Luna II)?

2) I presume Luna 2 has less latency and will also let me mix the virusb sound with PC audio.Can this be done with the Hoontech without using Cubase or Cakewalk? I would rather use Orion Pro.

Anyone tested Orion Pro with any of these cards?

thank you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             01-Jun-01  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: Luna II vs Hoontech

k

i dont think you can do that - i didnt see any seperate outs visible with the demo version of orion pro with the hoontech

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             08-Jun-01  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Luna II vs Hoontech

PointBeing

i am retiring from music (for too many reasons to list here) if you want to buy my hoontech card with 8 in 8 out 24/96 interface, drop me an email, if you buy if before you go to the uk, i can give you a sharp discount (we can negotiate the price)

the only thing is that the in1 xlr input seems to be a little shaky.. prolly just a loose wire, cause the quarter inch in1 input seems to work fine, and the in2 xlr input works fine, too... this really doesnt matter to you unless you are going to be using a mic wirhtout a pre amp or a mixer. with the hoontech you can do real time mixing and apply effects to the incoming sound, and here it as it is comming out in real time.

aaron

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)