aaa why won´t my sound card work - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: why won´t my sound card work

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             15-Jun-01  @  02:08 PM   -   why won´t my sound card work

jim

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can´t get my sound card to work with windows 98,it work´d fine with 95 .I install the new driver for the sound card but I´m getting a clicking noise all the time....I´m trying to use realplayer but it keeps saying another application may be useing it.its a sound system base 1 card pretty crap but it should let me play mp3 o.k any ideas I have´nt a clue

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             15-Jun-01  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: why won´t my sound card work

Jasper

Reboot your pc and when it says 'loading windows' press f8 (may need to be quick at this), this'll give you a menu option, choose 'safe mode'.

When it's loaded windows right click on 'my computer', select properties and find the tab for devices, check the drivers loaded for your card, if there are multiple drivers loaded then delete them all and re-boot (it'll ask you to load them again). (safe mode shows ALL drivers loaded for a piece of hardware - not just the ones supposedly being used)

What other software have you got loaded? what's in the little task bar space next to the time? press ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the system-tray and what's loaded there?

run dxsetup from the 'start-run' are there any errors with the drivers?

Message 3/3             15-Jun-01  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: why won´t my sound card work

jim

Well I´m not sure what I done but the little bugger works now......I was trying to delete the files for the sound card and every thing went mental. so I re booted and it works, and seeing I had´nd a clue what I was doing I´m very happy....thanks all the same mr

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)