aaa Orion Pro V2.1 - bring it on baby.. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Orion Pro V2.1 - bring it on baby..

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Mar-01  @  03:27 PM   -   Orion Pro V2.1 - bring it on baby..

darkstate

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just started using this puppy in earnest - and its really, really nice...

Heard it said its a lot more resource hungry than vanilla flava Orion V1.7.. no idea on that one, but running it on my P800Lappy with a few bought VSTIs and it is a SERIOUSLY powerful workstation, and a "quick" workstation too... gonna take a look at Reason too, but there's not enough hours in the day to abuse 'em both!!! heheheheh...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             30-Mar-01  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: Orion Pro V2.1 - bring it on baby..

k

oh my GOD!! - just trying the demo a little - man, he's done alot of work... love the audio tracks to import loops or vox etc - i got ModelE and the new NI Pro52 playing in it fine !! - also FREEVERB works too but the reverbs Rich has upgraded REALLY rock, smooth and lush, well good, i'd say in fact they sound to my ears well superior to the standard VST reverb32.. frankly they are PLENTY good enuff to master a quality track -

the new string ensemble little synth thing is also excellent & a pleasant free surprise - RM-F drums loaded ok, but i couldnt get it to play.. mebbe i did something wrong... didnt have time to check it out - but anyways the included sample based drumbox in ORION is so good it's all you need for endless custom drumkits to suit any genre from garage to industrial..

well, just scratching the surface... one thing I did notice was that most of the VST FX wouldnt load saying 'VST5 only', then closing - mebbe thats the 'vst included' fx tho cos freeverb & other non-native vst fx loaded fine ...

the new mixer rocks!!... PARAMETRIC EQ ON ALL CHANNELS !!!!!... more FX sends.. the gating etc is awesome, SIDECHAINS!... wow!!.. for the money it's rediculously good - a total music workstation solution just got better.. well done.. cant wait to get deeper and get the real version. ;-) -

newbies entering the game with just a pc & no gear at all should seriously check this out before anything else.. I can tell you that the synths you get included are VERY powerful indeed !! - i've made some cracking sounds with them... anyways.. excellent!! -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             02-Apr-01  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: Orion Pro V2.1 - bring it on baby..

darkstate

*heh* Seems like we're checking out the same things K...  

The other thing I've noticed is that V2.1 is SERIOUSLY MORE STABLE under Windoze!!!! And that alone has gotta be a BIG PLUS in Orion's favour!!!

Marc_Dark

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)