aaa 750ms latency in Cubase seems bad! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: 750ms latency in Cubase seems bad!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             03-Apr-01  @  07:25 PM   -   750ms latency in Cubase seems bad!

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got a Guillemot Maxi Studio Isis Soundcard and have just downloaded the latest Driver pack from Guillemot. I loaded the new drivers which includes ASIO 2 but am getting 750 ms latency ( in Cubase) which is pretty poor really. I can't actually hear my WAV's being palyed back once I have recorded them either 9 even tho' they show up when I double click them!) Should i revert back to using the DIRECT X Drivers to overcome recording and latency problems in Cubase? Any links or advise would be gratefully received by this shaky and desperate Cubase user!
Chars Phil

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             04-Apr-01  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: 750ms latency in Cubase seems bad!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

go to system on the audio drop down list.and select the asio drivers in the top right corner. Most asio drivers have settings to ajust the buffers. so once you have switched from the mme to the asio click the control panel there and lower the buffers . if you encounter clitches make ajustments to the buffers as necassary.

Message 3/3             07-Apr-01  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: 750ms latency in Cubase seems bad!

k

Link?: Link

yup 750 ms is the standard MMe latency - wrong driver selected dude!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)