aaa APS Rec. Selector + Mixer - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: APS Rec. Selector + Mixer

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             03-Apr-01  @  08:57 PM   -   APS Rec. Selector + Mixer

chriso

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

With regard the a SBLive w/ APS drivers,

Does anyone know what the relationship is b/w the Record Selector program and the APS mixer?

Example 1: there is an "input level" slider in the Rec. Selector but also a "input level" on the main strip in the mixer. Are they related?

Example 2: there is a source select list in the Record Selector, but you can also select your source in the APS mixer.

Shouldn't it be possible to disregard the Record Selector and do everything from the APS mixer? If anyone could tell me how their working configuration is set up, it would help.

Thanks!

Snack

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             03-Apr-01  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: APS Rec. Selector + Mixer

Silver

Link?:  No link

ok so in the aps mixer you can create or delete input strips. the audio input strip that the audio selector refers to decides the physical input on the soundcard, which can be CD, mic, line in etc. if you select line in you might get feedback unless you mute the input strip so it doesnt go straight out the line out again, to your external mixer and then back again.

ok my setup. delete the input strip and create a CD digital input stip instead, you'll get better quality from your CD and you wont have to mute the strip when you select line in as your recording source in the record selector.

note: cubase or whatever records strait from the source selected in the rec. selector regardless of the mixer settings.

i hope that helps, im not at my machine now so that might be a bit unclear. check the article on the dancetech front page

Message 3/3             04-Apr-01  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: APS Rec. Selector + Mixer

chriso

Link?: Link

Thanks, that helps. Any advice on getting rid of the crazy amounts of noise I get when I record the line in?

Also, can I use the "Stereo Mix" setting in the rec. selector if I'm wanting to record SBLive MIDI, the Line in, and Wav simultaneously?

Regards,

Snack

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)