aaa logic won't let go of my audio card - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: logic won't let go of my audio card

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             04-Apr-01  @  12:33 PM   -   logic won't let go of my audio card

kid ikarus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well thats what it is. After I shut logic down, the only way I can get a dif app to use my core 2 audio from lexicon is to completely reboot! Major drag!

Anyone know anything about logic not letting go of resources? Its the only program on my machine that does this, so I don't think its specifically the audio card, though it maybe the combination of specifically logic (bastard) and lexicon (bastard)???

Random bit of help from where?

I'm on pc, btw.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             07-Apr-01  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: logic won't let go of my audio card

k

cant you even close it by doing CTRL/ALT DEL and shutting down there?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             09-Apr-01  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: logic won't let go of my audio card

kid ikarus

Naw, I think you're missing it... I shut logic down, and its completely down, but my system is still thinking that logic is using the sound card. I can't believe I'm the only sucker with this problem! When I hit ctrl alt del there is absolutely NO logic in the task manager. NO LOGIC. But then if I went and opened winamp to check out a dter's toon, tells me, device still in use. Only way to get it back is to shut computer down.

Sometimes in fact when logic goes down hard, an audio signal will remain in the audio card, and will play, even after the machine goes down, and is rebooting, still get the choppy distorted sound, but then I think right before windows 98 comes up again, the card is reinitialized, and the sound quits. I think this is the point at which logic finally lets go!?@?@?@?!?

Anyhow, if I don't get any help on this one, I understand as I wouldn't belive it unless I saw and heard it!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)