aaa Please help!!!!!!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Please help!!!!!!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             09-Dec-00  @  07:32 AM   -   Please help!!!!!!!!

ibiza99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i have a major problem and i'm uncertain as to how i can solve it. For some reason my PC is not functioning as it was a
couple weeks back. i just bought this PC and it's a P111 600EB, with 128ram. i'm using an IDE(atapi) CD writer(4x4x32)
and CD Rom-drive(x48).

All was well, but suddenly, i'm getting a buffer underrun when i burn my track from my ACID pro. it used to show 100%
at max.previously, but now it's between 0 to 3% EVEN when i'm using a temporary file and x1 speed! Now my
Audiograbber is showing possible speed problems, when it was working fine a week back. All my burnt wave files display
different checksums even though they are the same songs off the same CD.

i'm rather upset about all this, and the guy at the PC shop has no clue, claiming that my PC is in fine working order.

Before u advice, please note that no other program is running simultanously. And i didn't add any new software of late,
and no new hardware. i just defragmented my hard drive yesterday, but i'm still left with the same problems. Anyway, isn't my machine powerful enough? i would be much obliged if anyone can help. And
please be a little detailed as i'm rather new at PC-tech. Please help me out, cuz' i don't know if the are anyone else who can sort this out. K, if u are reading this, i would certainly appreciate some input!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             09-Dec-00  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: Please help!!!!!!!!

Syn

sorry, the only thing that I can tell you would be that a freind of mine had to return his 600 because of chipset problems, the mb would beep constantly complaining that it was too hot when it really wasnt, and this prolly has nothing to do with your problem though, a clean install usually fixes alot of that kind of shit for me, just save your zip files on a different partition or back up to cdrw

Message 3/3             09-Dec-00  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Please help!!!!!!!!

k

well surely if it's new then it isnt working if the cdr was installed at purchase surely it's down to the vendor.. they cant really claim it works ok if it simply doesn't... whats the deal with the warranty?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)