aaa K - How's hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: K - How's hoontech?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  02:57 AM   -   K - How's hoontech?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well... everything still going well? I think i'll have mine tomorrow...
Few quick comments. It's 250 quid here, which is even cheaper than thomann.de (anyone used thomann?)

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/117             21-Aug-00  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

dizz

"if you are in London area and want one, if you bring your pc round, i'll fit it"

I'm in Ireland so faff that mate, thanks tho.
I agree with you about the realtime FX nature of the card. It would be a good buy even if you wanted something better quality soon after because of the live mixerlike integration. Am I right in thinking that no other card about can do this? (and why not)

Message 22/117             21-Aug-00  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

yes other cards should do it, recent ones that is, but i just didnt get a chance to try them hands on yet... I'm not saying hoontech is the only answer although it does the job perfect - and thats why i want to try the others soon. what i do like about the hoontech tho is that you will soon be able to mix & mtach analog & digital inputs on the same system when they release the adat rack version. - i'm not sure if the others offer that future option of stacking multiple racks with a single card.

Message 23/117             22-Aug-00  @  06:18 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Breakerbox

Link?:  Link

Hey K! are you gonna test the Digital audio card in future?

Message 24/117             22-Aug-00  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

nah, it's not on my lists, what are you talking?.. like the V8 stuff rack etc ??... it's VERY expensive and designed ages ago - so i doubt it. or is there something new they got out ? i'm a bit busy to look around the web alot lately

Message 25/117             22-Aug-00  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

dizz

"yes other cards should do it, recent ones that is, but i just didnt get a chance to try them hands on yet..."

I'm not sure about this, I thought the only reason the Hoon did it was because it has a mixer DSP on the card that manages to interface with the PC software. The Delta 1010 doesnt do it does it?

Message 26/117             22-Aug-00  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

i dont think so , it's the efficiency of the asio drivers i guess... it can be configured different ways, but i'm talking about when using the special low latency asio drivers, which are designed to allow you to work all inside the pc, so you just have a stereo monitor out option, cos the object there in realtime is to create a mix inside a digital environment...

but you can also route parrallel to a s/pdif out to to write to a dat etc, and of course burn to a final stereo file

Tonight i had a go with some softsynth using the asio drivers... i got rebirth on the Rewire up and running, and it was smack bang on sync immeadiatly on boot

i could apply realtime eq, reverb & tempo delay to the drums & 303 in the vst mixer to get a nice flowing sound, i boosted the kik at 100hz etc... and routed them to vst subs to devide them up... i also was just able to open NEON doing a sub-pattern and also added delay to that on the vst mixer, but the machine was staggering along with slow screen draws and crackles etc, BUT... always totally in sync but the old 200mmx cant cope with that load. still i saw it as an initial success, the thing is with a bigger machine will the crackles go away !??...

Message 27/117             22-Aug-00  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

1indaKnow

Delta 1010 and Hoontech use the same DSP/PCI chip, actually, with very similar features.

Message 28/117             23-Aug-00  @  05:06 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

dizz

So does anyone know if the 1010 can do the live FX on the inputs thing, thats the main selling point for me actually and I find it a bit strange that no one mentions it in reviews. Also any other card for that matter like the Gadget Labs, motu, or stuff like that that would be better quality than the hoon.

Message 29/117             23-Aug-00  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

well you have to also look at t what you pay, cos the hoon is 24/96 and crisp with 24bit adc/dac although the card stereo monitor out is a tad hissy but that for your multimedia, and honestly i aint had time to see if turning down a few things on the media mixer with help that noisier output. - but the rack is crisp, and in asio mode when listening in stereo, it is crisp too - but very cheap so weight it up if the extra is worth the perceived quality difference if there is any - i'd be interested to see the difference too, but to me this sounds plenty ok to make aproduct and thats all i care about. if it'll do that then fine. and i get two midi ports which is kinda nice, and i can mix and mtahc 4 racks with adat & analog.. to get any combi of adat/analog up to 32 in's/out's (+ 8 balanced XLR outs and cox optical s/pdif.. all on one card. that to me is good that ability, you know for example you can decide to add say a yammy o1v and wire it in without having to change hardware, or use a dig mixer, or get the rack so your studio can offer adat direct bounce & dig edit/remix and re-bounce back to adat when finished or to dat or to file etc facilities - a massive plus for the budget commercial studio as that could bring in LOADS of adat user work, they might pop in to edit their guitar parts, like grab the best verse 7 copy it over a bum verse etc... build layered BV's mix them then blow them back to the adat etc etc...

Message 30/117             23-Aug-00  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

This is great! I can see how my hoochiecoochietechie is traveling by mail: on Post office's website i can write down "shipping ID" and it tells me where it is going. I saw how it arrived to finnland yesterday and tomorrow was taken from the harbour to logistic center. Tomorrow i'll be 473 euros poorer but proud owner of Hoontech. wow

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

There are 117 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)