aaa Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 25-Nov-01  @  11:18 AM   -   Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

FYI

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

GC is blowing em out for $399.00. I wonder if I should get one. Guy said they are being discontinued. Funny they made such a big deal about this thing when it came out (mostly how overpriced they were) not to mention all the work Korg put into R&D and now there being canned. Should I buy this product? I guess they won't have much product support in the future. Is there something fundementally wrong with the design? I guess they must have bombed in the sales department. ANy comments?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/33             03-Dec-01  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

steve

wait till the pc version of absynth comes out. Trust me, there`ll be a new daddy in town.

Message 22/33             04-Dec-01  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

Link?: Link

softsynths. many. here.

Message 23/33             06-Dec-01  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

talon

clean registry regularly with regclean (backup .reg file first,into a folder of your own choice)
defrag!!!regularly especialy large drives,get a copy of "evidence eliminator"or "cyber scrub" to keep pc clean of file slacks and swapfile rubbish
of your very taxed win95 (upgrade to win98se}
forget xp or 2000 else your in for a nightmare

Message 24/33             06-Dec-01  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

99devils

Talon - not true about 2k and XP. See the OS thread in PC chat.

Win2k and WinXP = rock solid if your hardware and software are supported.

-Craig

Message 25/33             06-Dec-01  @  03:21 PM     Edit: 06-Dec-01  |  04:03 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

bedwyr

not necceseraly (sp?) xp does clog up your drives with shit but you can turn these 'enhacements' off. i've had a 'mare with xp, but when/if you get it sorted, it is a better os than 98. 98 does crash every now and then, and with xp it's nice not to have to start your computer again just coz an app crashed on you.

98 - "the program is already running"

me "no it isn't, you shit"

;)

edit, to talon

Message 26/33             16-Dec-01  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

brad

So it has 2 analog in/out right? Which is more than enuff for most of us who use a lot of softsynths, virtual samplers, etc.

But for dickheads like me who want 8-12 analog ins/outs, can anybody suggest a good breakout box for this card?

Message 27/33             16-Dec-01  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

Link?:  Link

there isnt one. but you could always run another soundcard.

Message 28/33             16-Dec-01  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

callan

oasys has adat connectors tho... so use any adat rack.

Message 29/33             16-Dec-01  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

brad

yeah influx you're right, and I had actually figured that out from the site, but I was jsut wondering if their was a "magic" combo.

Perhaps a s/h layla card or something- bet those are cheap now. More research more research...

thanks for the input callan. I'm gonna stay h/d based for now.

Message 30/33             16-Dec-01  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

Link?:  Link

laylas are about $400-$450 used for a 20 bit.

you know...if youre not so worried about the onboard sounds I know someone who had an RME digi96/8 (adat IO, spdif IO) plus both the 8 in and 8 out analog cards for like $375.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)