aaa mother board cpu - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: mother board cpu

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  07:43 PM   -   mother board cpu

jim left

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Can anyone recommend me a good mother board cpu combination solely for music for around £300. I´m not a computer head so I can´t really say much more than that. As long as I can run 16 tracks and some plug-ins and couple good reverbs if that´s possible with the money I´ve got…..any help much appreciated thank´s

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/37             26-Feb-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

jim left

Thanks for the info,got all the bits now just got to stick it all together…should be a laugh

Message 22/37             26-Feb-02  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

Link?:  Link

nah. its simple. just take your time and think things through

Message 23/37             28-Feb-02  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

Be careful attaching heatsinks and fans to the Athlon Chips, they crack easy... they be fragile mofo's.... Easy to fry to. Never actually cracked one mesef, but I have fried one....

Pax

Message 24/37             28-Feb-02  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

k

how you getting on jim ??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 25/37             06-Mar-02  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

jim left

Not had the time to build it yet…some time next week hopefully, I think im gona be alright hooking it all up, the hard shits gona come thow….I’ll keep u posted….

Message 26/37             07-Mar-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

mindspawn..how did you fry yours?

I just popped an XP1700 in..no cracks..no smoke 

woohoo!!!

Message 27/37             07-Mar-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

Mindspawn

Beats me what I did to fry it. I'm guessing it was because I was lazy and used the thermal paste tab that came with the heatsink originally. Once I got the second one, I stripped off the "sticker" paste completely and then reapplied thermal paste my own way... no problems... It was rather cool watching the smoke curl up from the mother board as the first chip fried (and no, I didna shut it down as it fried in just a second or so...). Not really an experience I would say you want to duplicate....=)

In any case, the "fragile" chips are supposedly limited to the T-bird series from what I've heard (they also run pretty hot, comparitively). One thing I can say for Intel, at least in my experience, you can skip their chips across concrete without worrying too much....but anyhoos, the other AMD's aren't supposed to be so touchy, just the T-birds...

Peace

Message 28/37             07-Mar-02  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

so the strip of cooling stuff on the heatsink isnt good enough?

why the fuck do they put in on there then?

Message 29/37             08-Mar-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

Mindspawn

Beats me. When I called the place where I ordered it from, they said they advised everyone to strip off the sticker paste and put a thin coat of the "regular" paste on there. Probably just extra added insurance, but you'd think they'd just sell it "clean" eh? I doubt you need to worry over it, Influx. If your system is running fine now (just check your CPU health settings - if available - in the BIOS to see what you're running temp-wise) you're likely all set.

Peace

Message 30/37             08-Mar-02  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

40* celsius. seems ok to me

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)