aaa xoxos softsynths - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: xoxos softsynths

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  08:35 PM   -   xoxos softsynths

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

wow.. at 1am this mornig i took a bunch of floppy disks into my studio and installed all the soft synths i have been making... :p

i has low expectations, because the first one i did ('blaster') totally ate up my cpu, so i doubted i could use more than 6 or 7 synths..

well, today, i was running audio tracks and 13 instances of my synths (including one 'mystic,' which is sort of large) and hitting 40-50% on my cpu meter. i don't know what i did differently, but damn... i've got everythnig i need! tons of extra parts for my hardware..

...and if my drum synths aren't enough for you (sheesh does rockit sound good.. i really didn't expect that.. sounds like a freaking snare drum alright..) i'll have a little sampler up with some modulation oscillators sometime...

you try! you see! "tate it."

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/47             05-Jul-02  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

formant

well you talked for so long about c++ i didn't know which route you ended up taking.

i have a bunch of stuff i need to download and play with :-)

jamey

Message 22/47             06-Jul-02  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

xoxos

Link?: Link

you mean a bunch of stuff to download and use the presets on, right? i'm confused here - you're human, right? humans don't patch synths.. humans select presets.. there must be some error. you've been drinking soda haven't you

Message 23/47             06-Jul-02  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

formant

so you abandoned the c++ stuff then? (soda yes actually... you must have pms.. erm i mean esp)

Message 24/47             06-Jul-02  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

xoxos

synthedit let me get back to music  

Message 25/47             07-Jul-02  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

formant

heh now you know the addiction most of us reaktor users have felt over the years...

i had to stop messing with reaktor to get music done but that still didn't help.

now i just write tons of music parts and never finish songs  

jamey

Message 26/47             09-Jul-02  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

milan

xoxos... you know whats coming: all your softsynths are belong to me. by tonight latest...

;)

Message 27/47             10-Jul-02  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

xoxos

i got a funky hair and i've decided to make another one.. haven't put any mod envs or lfos in but !!! 2 oscs with sync, fm, phase distortion, wave shaping, exponential envelopes (i used the same exponential/linear mod for the waveshaping) lots of unusual options and all done with faders instead of buttons so you can trim everything. structured like a 2 osc va but doesn't sound like one. very weird.

plus i was shooting for a 'performance' synth so there's velocity to envelope rate and/or height on everything.. anyway. deeds not words, shut up now.

Message 28/47             11-Jul-02  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

k

Link?:  No link

xoxos, do me a favour.. make me a woosh machine thing but make me a moron proof interface - I want a controls called:

"length of woosh attack" - i want some sort of more graphic representation of the signal flow so i can make out what the is going on  

Message 29/47             11-Jul-02  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

my 60 days is up x

Link?:  No link

sure thing... but you gotta tell me what you want.. just filter noise swell or drop? easy.. five controls..

if that's all, i can add a stereo unison mode that'd be neat cos you could use an envelope to widen the whoosh.. but if you want tinkly synth noises in it, mystic's the best choice.. it just takes a bit of work. all the control names are straightforward, if you're familiar with the features.. pmd = phase modulation distortion, et al.

just finished the one i was talking about above.. unfortunately it's about as complex as mystic.. sounds nice with lfo assigned to waveshaping and pmd and fm and osc 2 modulating the filter gonig on.. just gotta convince myself not to use all the features on every sound..

Message 30/47             11-Jul-02  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: xoxos softsynths

xoxos

you mean just like big text labels 'vca' with arrows pointing for the signal flow?? can do.. but still.. just white noise??? :p

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)