aaa Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 25-Nov-01  @  11:18 AM   -   Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

FYI

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

GC is blowing em out for $399.00. I wonder if I should get one. Guy said they are being discontinued. Funny they made such a big deal about this thing when it came out (mostly how overpriced they were) not to mention all the work Korg put into R&D and now there being canned. Should I buy this product? I guess they won't have much product support in the future. Is there something fundementally wrong with the design? I guess they must have bombed in the sales department. ANy comments?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/33             17-Dec-01  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

brad

Link?: Link

Interesting...the digi96 goes in PCI, then the 2 exp. boards just drill into the chasis- no slot req! OK but I'm dumb- they each only have 4 TRS jacks- so I assume you would then need a patchbay to make the in's more accessible? Patchbay no prob., I've just never done it...

From the site: "ASIO multi card drivers for Windows and Mac, latency 46 ms / 11 ms" EH?! 46ms? I thought RME was like, the super-low latencey kings. Am I interpreting this wrong?

OK OK, I know you're not the RME salesguy, but help give Brad a clue. I would be into this card if it was indeed low enuff latencey to run softsynths and shit w/ no prob.

The one thing I like about the Korg was that it had onboard DSP effects. That is always my hang-up - taxing the CPU w/ verbs and shit. I'm not about to build another 'puter only to have that prob. again.

The cool thing about RME is I could always go ADAT later on...

Message 32/33             17-Dec-01  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

Link?:  Link

brad. I have an Oasys new in box that I got for $340 from GC (plus tax)

was gonna see about taxin someone on it, but if you want it its yours

you could always like you said score another card. In fact..if you got another card with adat you could theoretically go outta the Oasys into the other

dunno shit about the latency on the RME, but I think y ou misread? I was under the impression they were getting some of the lowest numbers out there.

Message 33/33             17-Dec-01  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

brad

Link?: Link

Thanks for the offer. Don't let me stand in the way of you selling it.

I hafta do more homework on this shit. I want to figure out what would be a good card to go w/ the Oasys...2 soundcards linked together soundz like possible compatibility probs to me, but what do I know.

That RME latencey spec was straight off their site. Maybe it's only the Hammerfalls that are so fast, I dunno.

Hey wait a sec- why are you selling it when you just bought it? Found something better? What what? Or wait, is that just normal biz for you? Sorry, didn't mean to get into your $$$ shit.

Gonna be in LA for New Years? I AM!!!!! Lemme know!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)