aaa usb midi interfaces? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: usb midi interfaces?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Jul-00  @  02:44 PM   -   usb midi interfaces?

phunkytek

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I recently had to buy a 1 in 1 out midiman pc card interface because my opcode studio 64x would not work with the editing software for my Nord Modular. At Guitar Center they offered me a USB interface but I knew nothing of the quality or if my system supported it. I checked my computer and it is USB ready, and I was wondering if the performance of USB exceeds serial interfaces. Is the timing better, and does clock and smpte lock up well? I plan to sell the 64x and buy a new multi-port. Can you chain USB togther?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/35             05-Sep-00  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: usb midi interfaces?

wizpuck

I have an Opcode MIDIport 32 2x2 usb interface that I purchased on ebay. That may have been a mistake. It worked fine for a few days, although I am brand new to MIDI sequencing and I didn't really know what I was doing before this thing shit on me. It recieves no power and my PC no longer recognizes it. My usb's are working fine for other hardware. The original owner did not register the port so I got no response from Opcode (I heard they were bought out). Does anyone have any tips or recommendations for me.

MIDI-less in Motown

Message 32/35             06-Sep-00  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: usb midi interfaces?

pict

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers.Try unplugging the interface uninstall the drivers make sure you delete all the appropriate files then plug the interface back in reboot and then use the add new hardware wizard in the control panel to reinstall the drivers for it.Have you checked if there are more recent drivers available on the net most manufacturers generally have a driver section on their sites where you can download the latest drivers.Hope it works out for you.

Message 33/35             07-Sep-00  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: usb midi interfaces?

99devils

If it's not receiving power, check your USB cabling, and check the port with another USB device to rule out problems with the PC/cable.

-Craig

Message 34/35             13-Sep-00  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: usb midi interfaces?

swoosh666

Hi, pict
according to the post on the discussion talking that you own a UX256....i really looking to purchase that but some of my worries are holding me back....hope you can help me answer my question i will greatly appreciate and thankful to you help...

1)Can the yamaha ux256 function as a patch bay with the computer switch off??
2)what sequencing software are you using???
3)seems to have no timing issues right on the softwares you r using???

actually i am also looking at the emagic amt8 8in/8out but the price is much more so...i guess after you advice me i will make a deccision fast as i really need one multi midi interface soon..BTW i am using CS6X,korg prophecy and novation superbass station..these gears will be connecting to the midi interfaces..running at the same time...hope the ux256 can handle all the midi instructions well...

Message 35/35             08-Dec-00  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: usb midi interfaces?

b0nez6969

Dude...The guy who says that u arent even getting power... Whoever u probaly bought it from probaly spilt water on it...or sumtin might have happened to it..Maybe it got glued back together..LOL!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)