aaa AMD not compatibel with many cards - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  02:18 AM   -   AMD not compatibel with many cards

Brett

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

talked with an AMD employee who said that AMD chips are not compatible with many soundcards. If they are not listed on their site as commpatible than they may not work properly. Maudio is one that definatly has problems. There may be many others.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/36             12-Jul-02  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Brett

who the hell sells RME anyway. I have been looking for a multi-face and pc-card on ebay, but haven't seen one. But I leaning toward the echo mona. It has WDM drivers and I am using Sonar. they claim it's just fine on the MME, but they even sent me an e-mail saying that you can not expect the same performance from MME as with ASIO but that it was still good. The threads on the forum at the RME site tend to disagree on this matter. They have no plans as of yet to do the MME.

so for a solution for my laptop and my home pc, I am using an Echo Mona and buying the optional pc adapter. It's still damn expensive. Ebay 675.00, and another 178.00 for the pc card.

Message 32/36             14-Jul-02  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

k

Link?:  Link

should be ok the driver prob fixes were added to the KT266A chipset revision weren't they ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/36             14-Jul-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Brett

meant to say they have no plans for WDM at RME.

Message 34/36             10-Aug-02  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Breakerbox

Link?: Link

all the new Motherboards use the kt333 chipset.. so if you got a new Motherboard you should not have any issues like the kt266a did.

Message 35/36             10-Aug-02  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

influx

Link?: Link

but there werent that many issues with the A anyway

Message 36/36             11-Aug-02  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

k

Link?:  Link

or the 133a, shit man our test durex 700 box runs VST/reason stress/crack & pop free, never a problem, (win ME)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)