aaa mother board cpu - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: mother board cpu

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  07:43 PM   -   mother board cpu

jim left

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Can anyone recommend me a good mother board cpu combination solely for music for around £300. I´m not a computer head so I can´t really say much more than that. As long as I can run 16 tracks and some plug-ins and couple good reverbs if that´s possible with the money I´ve got…..any help much appreciated thank´s

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/37             08-Mar-02  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

LOL...

40c is fine for an XP.. they use a smaller die size, less voltage required so they run cooler... Mindspawns right about the TBirds they were the last generation of chips of that architecture.. pushed it all to the max...

The thermal tab on the cooler/heatsink will be more than good enough for an XP but not a TBird... if you're still unsure, go the thermal paste route! I had to coz I got a TBird..

Message 32/37             08-Mar-02  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

Mindspawn

Ditto what dARKSTATe said....

Pax

Message 33/37             08-Mar-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

Link?:  Link

ditto what mindspawn said

sorry. had to

Message 34/37             14-Mar-02  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

jim left

Done it, if anyone’s bothered… it was easy actually, accept I put the heat sink on the wrong way and the bugger wouldn’t boot, being the first time and’all me thinks me fried the cpu but all is well…seems to be pretty quiet too,
info thanks

Message 35/37             16-Mar-02  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

espoo2

Well, i finally got my new box with the tbird epox combo, if anyone is interested....

It's working great, and fast as a hooker. I *did* have a problem with my ram at first... it didnt seem to be compatible with the mobo, which the support guy at the ram manufacturer said was fairly common with the new ddr sdram, since its new technology. Blah. Whatever. So I switched it with a different stick and it runs great. Would have been a bitch if it hadnt been for that onboard POST chip... I dont think I'd ever buy another board without one...

Message 36/37             16-Mar-02  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: mother board cpu

damballah

what ram was it, if you don't mind sayin'? also, influx was talking about some mushkin sticks, any feedback there?

Message 37/37             18-Mar-02  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: mother board cpu

influx

Link?:  Link

well..this is funny because...mine works FINE now. didnt have to switch the RAM or even the slot...

I had mounted it with some plastic washers (between the screw and mobo...)..and apparently that was a no-no. for some reason I thought you were sposed to do that

all is done. reinstalled windows on my new IDE hard drive.

all i can say is FAST!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)