aaa Formatting on dual boot... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Formatting on dual boot...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             06-Jul-02  @  12:03 PM     Edit: 06-Jul-02  |  12:30 PM   -   Formatting on dual boot...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have an OS setup as follows:
C:\ Primary Prtition Win2000 First Instalation
E:\ Win2000 Second Instalation

If I format the C:\ Drive and re-install win2000 on it, will I have to re-install the second installation of win2000? Or do I just need to re-create the boot.ini file or something?

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Jul-02  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Formatting on dual boot...

k

good question, but never done it or investigated it...

Message 3/4             12-Jul-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Formatting on dual boot...

Steve Roughley

Well after I couldn't find any info on this on the net or in books anywhere, I bit the bullet and whent ahead anyway and everything worked fine.

Just so you know!

Steve.

Message 4/4             13-Jul-02  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Formatting on dual boot...

k

Link?:  Link

cool - you can add say win98 AFTER xp by swapping drivesa round and then swapping them back and doing a fixboot on the 98 drive with the xp disk - that works if the 98 drive then becomes the boot drive (as if it HAD been installed first), but with two win2000 or two winxp it's different and you couldn't do that cos you only had partitions and there is no option in bios bootsequence select to boot from the E or D drive. But in your case it probably worked ok cos the new format was the C drive anyways.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)