aaa logic tip organising folders - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: logic tip organising folders

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             14-Mar-02  @  06:36 PM   -   logic tip organising folders

CK aka PENBOA

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

One of the problems with having lots of plugin settings and VST instruments, not to mention the VST plugins themselves is making sure you've got the backed up. But in both 4.81 and 5 there is a bettter way. Move the following logic folders to a part of your hard disk that gets backed up:

Plug-In Settings
Vstplugins
Sampler Instruments

Now in the emagic/logic audio folder create shortcuts to these folders with names identical to the folder names. Now logic can still find the directories, but you can back them up easily. No risk of using those valuable settings and vst plugin DLLs.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             15-Mar-02  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: logic tip organising folders

xoxos

if you'd mention how to discern which part of the hard drive it is that is auto backed up that'd be a useful tip!   (once i upgrade past 4.0 and can use plug-ins that is..)

Message 3/4             15-Mar-02  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: logic tip organising folders

k

Link?:  Link

i think he means that Logic defaults to find these settings in it's plugins folder - so you backup on ANOTHER drive, and make a folder shortcut to that backup location inside the Logic plgins folder - so logic finds the settinbsg easy without having to browse, but they are safe on another drive

??

is that it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             15-Mar-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: logic tip organising folders

CK aka PENBOA

Yep, exactly. I keep a partition just for Audio, then I know that if that is backed up I won't loose anything.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)