aaa Frustration! More on my D2 Saga! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Frustration! More on my D2 Saga!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             20-Jan-02  @  01:45 AM   -   Frustration! More on my D2 Saga!

Veracity000

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm sure you're all getting tired of me, but i'm trying everything and nothing seems to work. i know there must be one little thing i'm not doing that is screwing me up. I've been reading books and forums for so long!

I've figured out how to sync my D2 with cubase, and it records, but it doesnt record anything. the image updates, and there is a little box there, but there are no midi notes recorded! i've read the D2 documentation and have the midi channels set correctly...what am i doing wrong??

how frustrating!

please help!

thanks,

Steve
veracity000@earthlink.net

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             20-Jan-02  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: Frustration! More on my D2 Saga!

k

Link?:  No link

hold up...... if i remember right, you want to record your D2 drum pattern over from the d2 into VST so that VST can then fire off the patterns internally, triggering the sounds on the D2... correct?

If yes, then why would you be having problems getting the d2 to record notes FROM vst?.. I thought the idea was to record notes FROM the D2 INTO cubase, not the other way round... isn't that right?

if they are sync'd already then that is half the battle at least... is that right?

Message 3/4             20-Jan-02  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Frustration! More on my D2 Saga!

Veracity000

Link?: Link

that's right. not the other way around. what i want, is my drum track to be recorded into VST. thats it.

is this possible? i want the midi notes to be able to play in cubase without the D2 hooked up.

Message 4/4             02-Feb-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Frustration! More on my D2 Saga!

k

Link?:  No link

well as i said - you need to sync the two together - so in the D2 find the midi menu/clock menu & set it to SYNC as SLAVE to midi clock...

set VST to send OUT midi clock (syncronisation menu) - then when you hit play on VST the D2 pattern should start playing in pattern mode, or the whole'song' in song mode (or whatever roland calls it)

then once they are sync'd simply record the D2 on a VST midi track.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)