aaa imac and HD recording - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: imac and HD recording

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             23-Jan-02  @  11:12 PM   -   imac and HD recording

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I’m planning on buying a new/secondhand imac, mainly because I’m a Graphic Designer and have got used to working on the Mac OS platform at work.
I still love my PII 400Mhz which has a Midiman Audiophile soundcard, a 7200 rpm Q.Fireball HD and 256 MB RAM running Soundforge, Fruity Loops 3, Acid and Cubase VST - and it still runs like a dream.
I’d want to run my MIDI outboard and record onto the HD simaltaneously on my new imac. Would I have to get an external firewire soundcard? What is the best imac to go for s/hand for around £500 to allow me to achieve all this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Jan-02  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: imac and HD recording

k

Link?:  Link

no idea mate - but with older G3's so cheap now s/h i'd go for that even tho both the G3 and the imac only run 66mhz FSB they should be ok and certainly more expandable - you can add normal sound cards for one thing and if you doing graphic's you need backup like jaz etc...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             30-Jan-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: imac and HD recording

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

cheers k-i'll check loot (i think that's the best place for good deals unless u know of somewhere better

Message 4/4             30-Jan-02  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: imac and HD recording

influx

Link?:  Link

someone once mentioned a mac reseller site. sort of a loot for macs...

anyone?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)