aaa the H key - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: the H key

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             11-Jan-02  @  07:31 PM   -   the H key

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ah yes... for those who didn't discover it, it is very useful. Some things you take for granted using them all the time - The H key reveals & hides the 'parameters' panel on all edit screens.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             12-Jan-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: the H key

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Wahey!!! That's fantastic. Very usefull, entertained me for hours (small things eh!). My favorite has to be Shift->F3 (PC) for Hyperdraw.

Steve. :=)

(I've got faaaar too much time on my hands :-,)

Message 3/4             13-Jan-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: the H key

k

well of course you do know how to do screensets yes?.. there is 99 available screenset positions.. I use only about 5.

one each for:

arrange page - piano roll - drum map - environment layers - audio folder/window - & mixer

you then flip between them with a simple press of the number keys, no more double-clicking to open parts etc.

press a number key 1-9 or fast double-press a number to access above 9.. like double press 9 & 9 again fast to access screenset 99 etc... it shows the screenset number when selected... anyways once selected, open and arrange any windows you want using the windows menu, then hold shift & press the number key to fix it. The dialog box asks to update or replace the screenset... and that's it, fixed... then save the song as your working default to load up anytime - screensets make life SO SO easier.

Make sure the walking man & the arrow key are switched on (arrow icon yellow) so that the edit screens follow the content & position of the selected music part to edit.

Message 4/4             13-Jan-02  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: the H key

Steve Roughley

Yep I've got that one, don't know where I'd be without it! Ctrl -> 0 (zero) is a good one for loading a sample into the sample editor.

Speaking of sample editors, I read somewhere that you can set an external sample editor (i.e. Forge32) for use by Logic, but couldn't get it to work. I think you had to make a change to a line in a config file in windows or something. Anyone know about this???

Steve :=)

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)