aaa routing sound card in\out - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: routing sound card in\out

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             16-Jan-02  @  06:14 PM   -   routing sound card in\out

bster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yet another post by me.

right, ive got(will have)a Delta 44 and a Mackie 1402vlz mixer (got), when all my inputs from my synths etc are in the Mackie which output do i connect out from to the delta? do i go from the main (xlr or balanced jacks) and then connect the control room outputs to my amp?
also should i put my TL Audio crimson EQ between the deltas outputs and the mackie channels or should i put it between the mackie and the delta's ins?

one more... should i use balanced cables even though the delta hasnt balanced inputs or does this matter?

bsterrrrr

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             16-Jan-02  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: routing sound card in\out

k

Link?:  Link

check the TECH ARTICLES section: 'PC SETUPS - STEREO SOUNDCARD' - it's about using exactly the desk you have but with a stereo i/o card, you have two additional inputs/outputs on your card tho...

well, they aint needed really because the mixer has one buss only so any mackie feeds to the second pair of Delta44 inputs would have to come from another route OUT of the mackie... unless you use a patchbay, but there's no gain there as you only have the single Buss....

What you could do, is wire up a synth to the second delta44 input pair, to gain 2 extra channels into the overall mix you listen to (via the mackie MASTER L/R out).....

in vst or logic & some others s/w's you can 'input monitor'... bounce this audio input back out of the pc going back to blend in with the mix on the mackie... this gets you the pc main mix l/r (or 1,2,3,4) OUT to the mixer, yet two additional inputs on the Delta44 can bring another stereo object into the mackie mix... remember tho, obviously, if you go for 4 outs from the PC/delta to the desk, that'll reduced your available input channels for hardware...

however, you COULD bring the pc monitor l/r pair of choice (1&2 or 3&4) out back into the mackie via the aux-return, getting your pan settings to this feed from your mix in s/w (aux ret's will be fixed stereo return on the mackie most likely)

anyways, set it up like the article, but using your delta i/o 1&2 only... once you get that going, then see about using the aux return etc... find out how to do input monitoring in your s/w, then do the software monitoring input & try that...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             17-Jan-02  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: routing sound card in\out

influx

I believe the delta inputs are balanced

Message 4/4             17-Jan-02  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: routing sound card in\out

nomad

and as for your other question... put the EQ somewhere where you need EQ. if you can't find somewhere where you need EQ, then you don't need EQ.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)