aaa Hoontech dsp 24 value vs SB audigy - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Hoontech dsp 24 value vs SB audigy

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             23-Nov-01  @  11:44 AM   -   Hoontech dsp 24 value vs SB audigy

thomas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am going to buy a new soundcard this week since my sb live want cut it any more. Since money is a problem i have narrowed down the options to the hoontech dsp 24 value or the new soundblaster audigy? any users out there who will share their experience with theese two cards.

The hoontech seems to be a good buy but since the fairly high price(around $200 here in sweden) and the lack of midi(if you dont buy the bracket for more $$$$) have put me off a bit.

The audigy gives a lot of bang for the buck like firewire, breakout box, a lot of diffrent inputs and outputs, etc. But i dont really trust a soundblaster card. =)

If anyone know a cheap soundcard($200) please mention it. The most inportant things for me is good drivers and low latency but a breakout box and more than one output would be nice.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             23-Nov-01  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Hoontech dsp 24 value vs SB audigy

k

Link?:  Link

midiman audiophile? dunno what theya re in dollars. Audiotrak maya is cheap but no midi so you gotta add that on top which is why it's worth checking the audiophile as everything is built in.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             24-Nov-01  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: Hoontech dsp 24 value vs SB audigy

thomas

Link?:  No link

I think I go with the terratec ews 24/96 since the price is just above the hoontech cards but everything is included in the package so I dont have to upgrade it.

The maya is also an option since I dont really need 24bit/96khz just low latency and good drivers but i cant find any dealers here in sweden.

Message 4/4             26-Nov-01  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Hoontech dsp 24 value vs SB audigy

henning.ardraa

Link?:  Link

Don't go for Audigy, it's still only a gamers card with only 16 bit 48Khz sampling!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)