aaa PC and chip warz! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: PC and chip warz!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Aug-01  @  07:01 PM   -   PC and chip warz!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Dell and Compaq are out for blood and driving the entire market price down on PC's. Intel and AMD are shootong it out as well. Leeman Brothers, and other insiders say Intel plans a 50%cut in price on the PIV chips within the next two months. This will undoubtedly cause AMD to respond. If you are in the market for a new PC, then wait just a few months. They will be considerably cheaper than they are now, and they are cheap as it is.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Aug-01  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: PC and chip warz!

roller8

Link?: Link

capitalism... yay! Thanks for the heads up by the way. I'm on a PII 350mhz and the prices of PIII's and dirt cheap memory has been extremely tempting. I hadn't moved on anything yet cuz everything runs great so I view it as a luxury to step up.

But sounds like it'll be soon now...

Message 3/4             11-Aug-01  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: PC and chip warz!

moujik

Link?:  Link

Best thing for me is that this creates the potential to buy a 2nd PC purely to run soft-instruments on - at no extra or perhaps less than a h/ware version.

Hurrah!

Message 4/4             11-Aug-01  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: PC and chip warz!

k

Link?: Link

yeah man networked up ... awooah! - i was down the pc fair today man and it's like dump-the-gear time... prices so low they are stupid.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)