aaa how do you do it? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: how do you do it?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             03-Jul-01  @  12:59 AM   -   how do you do it?

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

alright, i've read kilo's article about making an instrument environment and attaching faders to it. what do i click on to create sequences for these faders?

i've found a screen where i can write control info associated with the note sequence, but that has nothing to do with the faders k created.

on the page i've found, whenever you use the crosshairs to create controller info (ie. 1 measure ramp, say velocity 127 to 0) the initial value is always 127.. i pull the line out and set a point, and the box with all that stuff in it disappears.. so once i have created a (for now let's do it my way and call it a) ramp, how do i edit it? hopefully once i find the 'proper' page, this will be self explanatory.. ???

one more thing.. i will feel soooo much healthier if someone can can explain how to make rests and ties when step sequencing with a controller keyboard.. so okay.. [N] jumps to the next bar space.. what if i just want to input a 16th rest?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Jul-01  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: how do you do it?

xoxos

look stop laughing at me. i only know the v. of logic i have ("composer" - free w/ aw2) and as far as i can tell from proggie and manual, only pan and vol(cc#7) are available for hyperdraw. do i just have a retarded v. of logic or what?

Message 3/4             07-Jul-01  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: how do you do it?

k

well you create a fader for example... then attach it to the main instrument object, then when you select the faders title (the text under the actual fader) a dialog box opens up on the left side panel - it is THERE you select the IN controller and OUT control which can be: Control, sysex, p-pressure, etc - if you choose sysex, the editor opens up to add your sysex value... so.. you can also set channel etc - so that way you can assign a dedicated controller or sysex control parameter etc INPUT to control the fader the fader output is set as required and the fader links to the Instrument Object,The instrument object has it's own left-side box settinsg which appear when IT is highlighted and again for the WHOLE instrument you set the required Midi out Port, channel, transpose & velocity etc etc... get it?....

ok, now IF the FADER or other controller object is selected you'll see it's values as noted appear in the left-side panel dialog box... IF you tick the checkbox under it's title (which can be click/renamed of course), then when you go back to the main arrange page and select the OUTPUT destinations for a midi track thru, this fader will be listed in the available INSTRUMENTS sub-list of destinations (remember all incloming midi passes THRU the environment), on it's way OUt to the assigned port...

so you select a new track, assign the fader as the destination Instrument object... when the track is highlighted, the incoming midi is routed THRu to the fader.. it responds based on it's assigned INPUT control assignment in the Instrument layer (where it is patched to the main instrument object)... from there fader it passes to the main Instrument object, and routes OUT of logic according ot the port & channel ect assigned to that Main Instrument object...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             07-Jul-01  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: how do you do it?

xoxos

okay man thanks for going over that - early morning, can't remember at all what i was oding in that situation, but starting to get a few blocks in my arrange window   .. i'll have a song tofday or tomorrow.

had a big stumbling block because i didn't scan thru the whole manual.. there's a bit in the front about sequencing and editing events, which i caught, but didn't notice the large section towards the end on editing events.. so i read the first part and thought "is that all?"

right now my best friends are your articles and a highliter..

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)