aaa Anyone used the Yamaha DS2416 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Anyone used the Yamaha DS2416

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-Mar-01  @  07:20 AM   -   Anyone used the Yamaha DS2416

djhippo303

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm considering purchasing this card, I'd just like to know if anyone out there has any expirience with it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Mar-01  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Anyone used the Yamaha DS2416

blnd

Link?:  Link

see my fresh from the inbox thread ... zzounds send me some advert for the DS2416, cutting the price to under 300$ with the ax44 included. I couldn't tell you much about this card though.

Message 3/4             29-Mar-01  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Anyone used the Yamaha DS2416

99devils

I jumped on the Zzounds deal, but with the ADAT box not the analog box.. Anyway, it's basically an 02R mixer on a card. Hardware mixing, EQ, compression, 2 FX processors..

Horizens has (or at least had) one, I think a couple more people also have one.

-Craig

Message 4/4             31-Mar-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Anyone used the Yamaha DS2416

Brett B

been using for two years, latency can only go down to 30ms with asio, and if you run complex mixes it's even higher. I believe it only supports 48khz, not 96khz. So if you can get one cheap do it, but be preparded to have noise in your mixes using the ax44's. They are crap. I used the ax44's for a year and a half, and all my mixes sounded muddy. I use an o1v now, and to tell you the truth, I put everthing down on to disk and send it through the master fx section of Cubase and use the export function to master. It is so much better than sending everthing to thier own ds2416 channel and using the master bus out to stereo in to record it back into cubase. If you need a multi in card for using as a mixer for your gear it is good, but the creamware stuff rocks. Check out pulsar xtc. The ds2416 was the first dsp card on the market for under a $1000, but it is very out dated. Low latency plug-in TDM style cards are the future. With the pulsar xtc integrating it's plug-ins right into vst.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)