aaa Win2k update - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Win2k update

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Mar-01  @  04:38 PM   -   Win2k update

Bit Crusher

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well for anyone interested, I have been running fruityloops 3.1 on win2k for about a week and been using the midi out to power my microq and a dr rhythm drum machine and havnt found any glitches or timing issues yet. there are some annoying things like choosing the octave for your instrument changes banks or something, Im sure that can be solved by READING though, and Im not good at that yet though ;-) I will probably try out cakewalk shortly and update this thread as soon as I find time. ps.. Im so glad I upgraded, Im convinced that this is the only thing MS has ever gotten right, although it did take a 900mb install to do it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Apr-01  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Win2k update

Bit Crusher

nasty reboots, happening when I dont want them to, I dont know what causes them, I may have to revert back to win98   not just yet though, Im not giving up that easy, MS never makes it easy for anyone though.

Message 3/4             03-Apr-01  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Win2k update

Jasper

Link?:  No link

mr gates will beat you, don't you worry.he is the proverbial prison homo, shafting you and pinching your ciggies.w98 is the lesser of two evils.

Message 4/4             04-Apr-01  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: Win2k update

Bit Crusher

lol!
damn jasper u are good!
I just reinstalled 98 after the third crash (real crash, not just stuck notes and hung programs) in 2 hours, I just dont think it can handle midi stuff very well, it does good, and with no noticable latency differences from win98, but it would just act weird. I was getting random reboots for some reason, even with the service packs and fixes and shit, for anything other than audio win2k rocks though. Y do I have to pick these expensive time consuming interests?
This thread is over I guess

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)