aaa Installing my new Midiman 2496 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Installing my new Midiman 2496

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             05-Apr-01  @  10:52 PM   -   Installing my new Midiman 2496

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I built my own PC in July 1999 and have been happy with the performance until recently. My Registry has swelled to 9MB and I'm sure the systems clogged up with superfluous dll's etc.
I'm running Cubase 3.7 on Win98 but have had nothing but problems since I downloaded the latest drivers for my Guilllemot Maxi Studio Isis Soundcard. I bought a Midiman Audiophile card today and I want to install this. Should I go for a total reformat of my hard drive and install the OS, Programs and Hardware from scratch or is there a way around this? Could I just reinstall Win 98SE over the top and just go into the registry and clean out all refernces to the former soundcard?
What’s the best option?
Cheers
Phil

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Apr-01  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Installing my new Midiman 2496

influx

Link?:  Link

Id say reinstall, man. sounds like youre well overdue. Sure its a pain but...in the long run its gonna benefit you, no?

Message 3/4             06-Apr-01  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Installing my new Midiman 2496

Moujik

Link?:  Link

The Audiophile installs like a dream, no shitty little applications to install...just how I like it!

I think overall I'd agree with Influx thou - best to start with a clean slate, especially if you're planning to run both cards at the same time...

Message 4/4             07-Apr-01  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Installing my new Midiman 2496

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

I'm only gonna run the Midiman-I've got outboard kit so i only rely on the PC for recording long passages of music like guitar and vocals.
I'm looking into Dual Booting!
Peace
Phil

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)