aaa Installing Midiman Audiophile Card - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Installing Midiman Audiophile Card

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             05-Apr-01  @  10:53 PM   -   Installing Midiman Audiophile Card

Microbeat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I built my own PC in July 1999 and have been happy with the performance until recently. My Registry has swelled to 9MB and I'm sure the systems clogged up with superfluous dll's etc.
I'm running Cubase 3.7 on Win98 but have had nothing but problems since I downloaded the latest drivers for my Guilllemot Maxi Studio Isis Soundcard. I bought a Midiman Audiophile card today and I want to install this. Should I go for a total reformat of my hard drive and install the OS, Programs and Hardware from scratch or is there a way around this? Could I just reinstall Win 98SE over the top and just go into the registry and clean out all refernces to the former soundcard?

What’s the best option?

Cheers
Phil

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Apr-01  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Installing Midiman Audiophile Card

Jasper

Link?:  No link

honestly mate, reformat. backup your stuff and make a clean break of it. if your used to removing drivers then go ahead (& why are you even asking) but I suspect that your not because you are asking, it's a fiddly process and you might screw things up irreversably and have to re-install anyway.btw re-installing over the top is not guaranteed to sort problems out.. it might at best, at worst it will introduce new and fascinating errors the like of which you never dreamed off.

Message 3/4             06-Apr-01  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Installing Midiman Audiophile Card

Defector Z

Link?: Link

9mb, eh? Sounds like you need to run regedit. I think k's got it lying around here somewhere. Reformating is always a good idea, but don't take my word for it as I've only done it once 2 years ago. :-)

My advice is to never change anything on your system. But that's unrealistic. :-)

Message 4/4             07-Apr-01  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: Installing Midiman Audiophile Card

influx

Link?:  Link

holy shit how many times did you post this, microbeat?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)