aaa is this a bug? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: is this a bug?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Mar-01  @  10:05 PM   -   is this a bug?

gerald

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am using V5.0r3, occasionally I get the error message saying that a serious error has occured, contact cubase and send them a copy of the log file (cubase.log)..... then it locks. This happens when I´m saveing my song I´m working on. When I`m loading the def-song and saveing it everything works. Now I have to switch off my PC when I want to reload my song. I can not leave windows without switching off my PC because when I want to close windows the error message of cubase comes on the screen. Please help!!!!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Mar-01  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: is this a bug?

Brett B

Link?:  Link

is it always on the same song. Try saving it as a new name. Then run that and see what happens. Also, close out all, an I mean all other applications. The only thing you need open when you hit control alt del, and get a list is cubase and explorer. Always reboot before running cubase if you have been working with other applications to give the memory a free slate. are you on Windows 98 or 2000? I get errors someetimes as well. Is it the illegal operation thing. If it continues i would reinstall my soundcards latest drivers, and also make sure it's not being caused by a falty plug-in that you have running. Some plug-ins are just buggy and cause problems. close them and see if it continues. It's most likely one of the above. On drivers, sometimes it's the older version that is more stable as the latest beta's are somtimes not. Goodluck

Message 3/4             29-Mar-01  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: is this a bug?

gerald

Thanks a lot for your suggestions I will test all your advices and will reply later. Thanks...
Gerald

Message 4/4             29-Mar-01  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: is this a bug?

gerald

Now I solve the problem... it really was a plug -in (the fxpansion plugs). Now everything works.
Regards
Gerald

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)