aaa K - How's hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: K - How's hoontech?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  02:57 AM   -   K - How's hoontech?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well... everything still going well? I think i'll have mine tomorrow...
Few quick comments. It's 250 quid here, which is even cheaper than thomann.de (anyone used thomann?)

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/117             23-Aug-00  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

v

I'm not a medio: should be today instead of tomorrow (like anyone cares)

Message 32/117             23-Aug-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

shit, well i hope you have as good experience as me.... what's the box it's going in ? - can't wait to get my P3

Message 33/117             23-Aug-00  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Tomek S.

As far as I know, all audio cards with ASIO drivers are capable of that - it's more a feature of Cubase (and Logic 4.5). What makes it actually practically possible on the hardware side is very low latency times that new ones have. This hoontech looks really nice by the way.K, I'm looking forward for your comparisons with other cards, and also experiences with a more powerful machines.
Great site, by the way.
Cheers,
Tomek S.

Message 34/117             24-Aug-00  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Just upgraded the processor yesterday (AMD K6-2) 550mhz. That's the fastes chip which uses socket 7... hard to find them now. 256 MB ram. VIA's chipset is the only pain in the arse. it conflicts with my CD-writer every now and then. But i think i found solution yesterday. Computer is commited only for the music making... I think that's good enough for me for a while and I've trimmed the beast so it's starting to like me... maybe bit overclocking in the future or new mother.

I bough new mixer and monitors last friday... Just shelf for CD's and monitor's from IKEA and my little home is perfect :-)

Message 35/117             24-Aug-00  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

jay7

Link?: Link

hi k, as ever i am in debt to you for the rest of my life for the info i have gathered from this site. you may remember a while back i asked you why i had 750 ms latency while using cubase 3.5 with p2 350intel 128 ram &sb live value, while with logic the latency is negligable, youre reply was cubase 3.5 was crap and to upgrade .Guess what ive upgraded to 3.7 and still 750ms latency so i was wondering where you said earlier you would fit the hoontech to a machine if it was bought to you , does this mean you could supply and fit the hoontech for a price ? or is there a cheaper alternative to try first? thanx jay.

Message 36/117             24-Aug-00  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

you should get better latency that that - are you using the right drivers ?.. mme asio is way slower... for low latency you need a special asio driver which is designed to give low latency & thus realtime fx, and work in stereo so you are mixing inside a digital domain, and therefore monitor via stereo monitor out - like i can switch to asio mme on the hoontech to playback on dedicated outs for hardware mixing, at that point i can add vst & DX fx also but the latency is not an issue as i'm not adding the fx in realtime to a live input -

still, you should get better latency than that - did you look at that SBLive site for driver tips ? - see the link above -

yes... bring your pc to my place and try the hoontech on your pc.. then if it works, i'll get you one. -

we are also getting Behringer now. i've been checking out the behringer gumph... seems they build in China under ISO9000 certification, so that explains the price, but they use Panasonic faders and ALP pot's & fibreglass heavey duty boards & steel chassis etc & a fucking great external heavey duty power supply on the bigger mixers... hmm.. nice... but i can see why China is the place - i guess they invested in China early and can thus undercut the competition now.... hmm.. I wouldnt mind living in China for the next couple of years as it goes.. place to be I reckon !!...

Message 37/117             24-Aug-00  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Tomek S.

jay7: you should be using the asio directX drivers, or better yet get the 5.0 demo, which will install a new directX full duplex driver - which has a much lower latency and allows you to record (old DirectX drivers worked only on playback).
Tomek S.

Message 38/117             24-Aug-00  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

HOONTECH UPDATE-

ok, i got time to test a few things out after getting new info...

1. The 12V power supply issue - I saw the 12V socket and just plugged in when i got the system... then Claus said you don't need it - so today i got time to removed it, and yes, the RACK is drawing voltage fine from the PC !!! - heh heh - and there is two consequential bonus's to that...

2. having two power sources (the pci slot and the 12V DC supply feeding the rack) must have been effecting the card cos now I removed the power supply, the stereo CARD minijack MONITOR OUT is no longer hissy/noisey - (i was concerned with that aspect as one of the only two drawbacks i could find with the package - it is perfectly quiet now, GREAT!! - so that potential problem is gone...

3. Also the digital noise that used to happen at the audio output when you powered down the PC now no longer happens also, so that also must have been a result of the double-power supply issue, anyways - that has stopped - so there ya go !!

now i can't find any niggles with the Hoontech at all and of course you DON'T have to get a 12V supply !! - in fact if anything, now it sounds better overall - lovely jubbly!!

Message 39/117             24-Aug-00  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

jay7

excuse my ignorance but the only asio drivers i can find are for the emu aps which seem notoriously involved to get running on a live, are there drivers available specifically for the live anywhere (also where do i find my direct x version no in win 95 have found it before but cant remember where or what it was, too much buddha!) thanx again jay.

Message 40/117             24-Aug-00  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

dizz

Arse.
So now Im back to tryin to suss out which card to get if they can all do live FX. Bugger it, ill just get the damn thing anyway, its not as if im Mr Professional.
Can anyone gives me the site of a UK dealer? K are you going to be dealing over the net or even mail order?
As for 750ms in vst3.5, i was getting 500 or so with a SB 64 Gold.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

There are 117 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)