aaa is a pentium 450 enough? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: is a pentium 450 enough?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 18-Nov-01  @  10:27 AM   -   is a pentium 450 enough?

bster

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

My pc is shit and i have been offered a 450 pentium with 500mb of ram and a 2 gig hard drive, i now i'll have to get a bigger hard drive and a sound card but will the 450 proccesor be enough for hard drive recording and editing of my sounds from my Supernova,JX-10,DX-100? (i'm not going to use any plug ins.
any help thanked
jaime

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/43             22-Dec-01  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: is a pentium 450 enough?

influx

Link?:  Link

gotta say that I like Desolation better. I cant lie and say Im into the progressive thing (hehe...some people I know call it breaks for girls;)) but its a cool sounding track, man.

reminds me a lot of mindspawns dance stuff. ever checked that out?

Message 42/43             22-Dec-01  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: is a pentium 450 enough?

Brett B

Link?:  No link

well it is 48 channels going. Most of the tracks are stereo, so two tracks per sound. Only the bass and kick are mono. You also can't really here the highs or the strings, or even the backing drums at 24kbs mono. I may post a shorter higher bit depth clip.

Message 43/43             22-Dec-01  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: is a pentium 450 enough?

Brett B

Link?: Link

I put up a 64kbs clip for you to hear the backing tracks better.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)