aaa Latency while using Orange Vocoder - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Latency while using Orange Vocoder

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             06-Nov-02  @  10:57 AM   -   Latency while using Orange Vocoder

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I installed the Orange Vocoder yesterday and am using it in WaveLab 4.0... thing is, there's like 1 - 2 sec. of latency while in the live- input situation. I have hardly used the PC for this type of stuff untill now.. just mainly for recording. Any suggestions on getting direct vocoded output instead of first hearing my own voice over the monitors, followed by the vocoded one? It's damn irritating, yes it is. btw, using a sb live! soundcard.

thanks,

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             06-Nov-02  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: Latency while using Orange Vocoder

dARKSTATe

You do know about latency right? ;-)

SBLive isn't a card known for its pro-audio applications. Chances are its the latency inherant in the card and its drivers that's causing your situation.

Try it again in a card that has decent low latency implimentation (i.e. card AND drivers) - you should notice a difference.

Bear in mind, that even with low latency cards, the more complicated the audio processing the more welly its gonna take out of your CPU to get a result...

Hope this helps..

Marc_D

BTW, "cheap" low latency cards like the MAudio Audiophile2496 and STAudioDSP24 will do just fine.. ditch the SBLive! :-)

Message 3/5             06-Nov-02  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: Latency while using Orange Vocoder

Maarten

Thanks Marc, will definately look into a new card. Somehow I was afraid of that being the reason from the start... ohh well, needed to be able to multitrack aswell.

thanks,

-M-

Message 4/5             06-Nov-02  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Latency while using Orange Vocoder

dARKSTATe

Multitrack as in multi-record?? You'll be wanting something like a Delta44/66 or an STAudio DSP2000 in the "budget" range of things then...

Damn fine hardware all of 'em!

Message 5/5             06-Nov-02  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: Latency while using Orange Vocoder

Maarten

Cheers, I'll put them in-line with that Aardvark Q10 thing I was investigating some time ago...

*sound of coins falling out of his, now empty, wallet*

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)