aaa New Cakewalk user-grid resolution?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New Cakewalk user-grid resolution??

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Nov-02  @  02:50 PM   -   New Cakewalk user-grid resolution??

Accent

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

When I am in the piano roll view, the vertical grid lines are always set at quarter note intervals. I have looked in the help file and searched for the function, but I can not figure out how to increase the resoultion to 8ths, 16ths, 32nds etc...Is there a way to do this, or is that simply a limitation of the program? By the way, I am using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-Nov-02  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: New Cakewalk user-grid resolution??

Somebody

You're using 4/4, that's why you get four vertical lines. Try using 16/16. It's in the meter/key setting or whatever...

Message 3/5             17-Nov-02  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: New Cakewalk user-grid resolution??

psylichon

Link?: Link

you know those grid lines are NOT analagous to actual grid resolution. Pressing shift-n will give you your grid options which go up to 32nd-note triplets. Won't change the lines on the screen though.

psylichon

Message 4/5             17-Nov-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: New Cakewalk user-grid resolution??

Somebody

Changing meter will, tho...

Message 5/5             18-Nov-02  @  06:01 AM   -   RE: New Cakewalk user-grid resolution??

Accent

Ok. The meter/key view is where you change the resolution of the lines. Thanks for that, Somebody. Psylichon, I already knew that I could change the resolution in the snap to grid function (shift-N) and place the notes at smaller intervals than quarters, but I wanted to be able to see the lines. Thanks for the help everyone.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)