aaa VST & REASON - rewire - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST & REASON - rewire

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             05-Mar-02  @  11:15 PM   -   VST & REASON - rewire

drumyon

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok I have been reading so much about the awesome capabilities of the CubaseVST 5.0r6/Reason 1.0.1 combo that I took the time to get the demos of the two apps and install them to see if this stuff actually works like people say.
While on their own Cubase and Reason are nice, the two progs will not work as advertised using rewire. Opening Cubase and then opening reason results in reason being in "rewire mode" and the 64 reason channels being present in VST but the two progs will NOT track each others Xport movements at ALL(i.e. press play in reason, nothing happens. No params like tempo or seq window settings follow.)
I have done all the following to attempt to get them to work together;
Running win98SE
REX Shared Lib ver = 1.2.1.37 (in windows dir)
REX Shared Lib ver = 1.2.1.35 (cubasedemo dir)
Rewire DLL ver = 1.4.0.60 (in windows dir)
VST Play in Background option is checked
ASIO Soundcard driver is being used in VST latency = ~3sec

Anyone have any clues here? I hear this stuff is "just supposed to work". So far that doesnt appear true. Unless the maybe the demo versions wont allow this ????

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             11-Mar-02  @  06:31 AM   -   RE: VST & REASON - rewire

Brett B

just got cubase upgrade 5.0 r5 and now reason is working in rewire but the delays are all off from the reason delays. Tried messing with midi offset, but it's supposed to just lock up. I used to have a delay issue with Rebirth too when I exported to audio. Anyone know how to adjust to get them locked up better?

Message 3/5             11-Mar-02  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: VST & REASON - rewire

influx

Link?:  Link

wait..why..just curious..but why arent you guys geting the 5.1 and above?

Message 4/5             11-Mar-02  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: VST & REASON - rewire

Brett B

reboot fixed it.

Message 5/5             11-Mar-02  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: VST & REASON - rewire

Brett B

there is no above 5.1r1 and cubase is always unstable until a few revisions have been made. You are always safer with the last revision of the previous version. I used it all night with rebirth and Reason going with midi and fx etc. Rock solid. There is an annoying jumping volume if you make a curser position change while playing back , but it's livable. very nice interface changes. And the sound is much cleaner than 3.7 with more head room. I kind of misssed Cubase, I am glad to be back.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)