aaa reason and rebirth midi - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: reason and rebirth midi

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             15-Mar-02  @  02:14 PM   -   reason and rebirth midi

paul

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I am running Reason and Rebirth on a new mac powerbook, with an MAudio Quattro USB midi interface and with OMS installed.
When using rewire, you have to open Reason first then Rebirth. Trouble is, when Rebirth opens it snatches all midi control from under the nose of the unsuspecting Reason. Nomatter what I do it won't seem to come back again - which makes it a trifle tricky recording sequencer lines etc.
Anyone got any ideas? What I would ideally like to do is toggle midi between apps, but just getting the signal back into Reason would be a start.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             15-Mar-02  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: reason and rebirth midi

knowa

Link?:  Link

try -> preferences -> midi -> reason to channel 1 and rebirth to channel 2. prolly work

Message 3/5             15-Mar-02  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: reason and rebirth midi

k

Link?:  Link

but wouldn't you just make the midi settings to NONE for the REBIRTH prior to opening?? - like open rebirth - set it's midi to OFF. close it, then open reason & then rebirth ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             17-Mar-02  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: reason and rebirth midi

Brett B

Link?:  No link

K is right on on this. I used to crash my pc when luanching Rebirth with a rewire because it was set to use the same port as Cubase. Disable it or if you have two or more ports use one port for Rebirth and one for Reason.

Message 5/5             17-Mar-02  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: reason and rebirth midi

k

Link?:  No link

yeah, to use rewire you don't need any midi settings in Rebirth, just as when using REASON in rewire with VST etc you don't need to set midi ports in Reason... it's all done internaly.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)