aaa do you draw envelops for automation - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: do you draw envelops for automation

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             04-Jan-02  @  05:30 PM   -   do you draw envelops for automation

Brett B

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

in vst 5.0, can you draw envelopse for mix, and fx,vst synth parameters like you can in Sonar?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             04-Jan-02  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: do you draw envelops for automation

k

sort of, but it's not as good cos no vector style drawing.

Message 3/5             05-Jan-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: do you draw envelops for automation

Brett B

That sucks. I am using Reason now extensivly, and I need to get the upgrade to 5.0 to use rewire, but I absolutly love Sonar's mixing and editing ability. The only thing I will mix in VST is the vocal tracks, but then I may just load them into the Reason sampler.

Message 4/5             07-Jan-02  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: do you draw envelops for automation

knowa

Link?:  Link

the automation is the weakest part of VST and it's so bad that sometimes i thinking about switching to PC/Sonar. Not only is it awkward and dependent upon to many windows to use, but it editing automation data is just about the only time Cubase will crash fo me. this is on a mac 9.0.4 and vst 5r2 (which GREATLY imrpoved automation stability). That Sonar/ACID automation is totally fantastic and everyone should copy it. to my ears, mixer automation is the best way to give dynamics to electronic music and bad automation is bad news. I post little plugs for this sOnar style stuff at the cubase.net ("it's not you, k, it's me...") once in a while just I because I like cubase and don't want to switch but the automation is wack wack wack.

Message 5/5             10-Jan-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: do you draw envelops for automation

Brett b

I am sold on Sonar. I use Reason now to do most of my synth and drum parts. I like using the Renaisance Compressors and eq's on bass and synth parts. So I was thinking of getting the Cubase 5.0 upgrade to use rewire for this but I was wondering how the automation was handled in it since the vocals and live instruments would be in Cubase. I see Steinberg still hasn't updated the program. They should add full rewire and vst instrument support to nuendo and sell a scalled down 64track version of it as Cubase. And no undo support is ing joke!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)