aaa DirectX prob? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: DirectX prob?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-Nov-01  @  07:52 PM   -   DirectX prob?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm running into problems with what appears to be a SERIOUS conflict with cubase 5 and DirectX 8. ANybody else run into this, or just me? Where might I find a fix? Thanks

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             28-Nov-01  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: DirectX prob?

damballah

Link?:  Link

there was tons of stuff about this on the cubase yahoo group, I don't remember the specifics, though. I'll hop over there and see what I can dig up.

Message 3/5             28-Nov-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: DirectX prob?

d

Link?:  No link

OK, here's the answer that was posted there. I can't vouch for it as I don't have DX8, but maybe it'll help.

"If you have installed DX8a (or8) you can get Cubase running by doing the following: Delete the file "devenum.dll" from Windows System. Replace it with an older version of the file. You can find older dll files at various places around the net. I must admit I have no idea how this works or what this does but it was posted some time ago on the Cubase Forum and it works for me."

There's also an issue with prosoniq's orange vocoder. This is from steinberg's site:

"Cubase vs. DirectX 8a

Two registry keys are the reason for a crash in kernel32.dll. This happens only with DirectX 8 while enumerating the plugins at start up.

Both registry keys are added by Prosoniq, e.g. after the installation of 'Orange Vocoder'.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\Prosoniq]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\Filter\Prosoniq]

If one of the registry keys is renamed or deleted the crash will not occur any longer. It's been found with all 1.07 prosoniq plugins,but it could happen with other plugins too. Microsoft has been informed, because itīs a DirectX 8.0 bug. The plugins also run without the keys, so they can be deleted.

Latest info:

The PACE version of 'Orange Vocoder' which writes these entries that generates the problem is no longer on the market. The new one uses a serial number, but a deinstallation won't delete those Registry keys, so users could have this problem after an update, too."

Message 4/5             29-Nov-01  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: DirectX prob?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Thanks much.

Ape

Message 5/5             29-Nov-01  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: DirectX prob?

d

Link?:  No link

anytime

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)