aaa Sblive! and Win2K...low latency??? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sblive! and Win2K...low latency???

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-Aug-01  @  11:18 PM   -   Sblive! and Win2K...low latency???

Frozen Sounds

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've got an SBLive and am running Win2K. I'm having serious problems with latency and Cubase VST 5. Its not as bad with Fruity Loops 3, or with Reason, but Cubase is really giving me high latency. What's the best way to get low latency with my setup?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             05-Sep-01  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: Sblive! and Win2K...low latency???

k

well, what drivers set are you using?... i dont know if the aps asio hack works with win2k - mebbe not actualy - that's the only one tho that I know of for getting that although i'm sure a few months back Creative announced asio driver support for the new updated drivers... have you tried that APS hack driver?.. you get 8ms in Win98 with vst etc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             19-Sep-01  @  05:05 AM   -   RE: Sblive! and Win2K...low latency???

Frozen Sounds

I'm using the Win 2K drivers downloaded from the Creative site. Unfortunately the APS hack drivers don't work with Win 2K which really sucks. Does anyone know of any other way to get lower latency in Win 2K?

Message 4/5             19-Sep-01  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Sblive! and Win2K...low latency???

k

Link?:  No link

then unfortunately you gotta dump win 2k or get a card with asio2 drivers for win2k

Message 5/5             24-Sep-01  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: Sblive! and Win2K...low latency???

Bit Crusher

Link?:  Link

You dont have to dump win2k, I just downloaded the new audigy beta drivers and am getting 10ms in fruityloops! its a big ass 55meg download but worth it I think. I got a brand new sblive for 25 bucks from my neighbor so all is good. I was going to buy an audiophile 24/96 and maybe I should have but 25$ compared to 160$ is alot of money I could use for bills and such. But this is keeping me happy for now ;)
http://www.futureforums.co.uk/intermusic/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3842&FORUM_ID=20&CAT_ID=8&Topic_Title=Beta+Creative+Sblive+%2B+Audidy+UDA+drivers&Forum_Title=Computer+Music+Discussion

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)