aaa How can VST recognize my Nova - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: How can VST recognize my Nova

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             18-Sep-01  @  10:46 PM   -   How can VST recognize my Nova

Tigran & Iraclis

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Problems !!!!!!!!
1)How can VST recognize my Nova( the pro and perf )2) how can i control thru midi recording the Nova midi controlers (frequency or release etc.)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             18-Sep-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: How can VST recognize my Nova

d

Link?:  No link

by hooking up a "midi interface" to your computer and running "midi cables" between the interface and your nova. this stuff is elementary. this stuff is in your manuals.

Message 3/5             18-Sep-01  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: How can VST recognize my Nova

Tigran & Iraclis

Link?:  No link

I had already done the conection between interface my ER-1 NOVA ROLAND JP 8080 )and pc! But there is still no signal from the synths to VST) ! so i need to know where can i found the drivers for my synths).
Thanx for your Help! Waiting 4 your answer!

Message 4/5             19-Sep-01  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: How can VST recognize my Nova

k

Link?: Link

SETUP FOR MIDI ROUTING

Jp set to transmit midi on channel 16 - midi OUt goes to pc IN

ER-1 & NOVA attached - pc midi OUT to ER-1 & NOVA midi IN

turn JP local control OFF

VST SETTINGS

select a midi track - select a midi OUT port for that track using the left-hand dialog box next to the arrange-page track headers....

hit the JP keys.. the midi light should flash on VST transport bar... if NOT then check the JP connection to the PC midi IN... until you get this light to lightup on the VST transport bar the rest is not possible so try all your midi leads until you get success

also if you have a soundcard/midi port installed which has a s/w control panel applet for changing settings, you might have you have that open & minimised for the midi to route thru to VST from the PC Midi IN port -

if you have no luck, then try latest drivers....

check your midi port or soundcard (if it has midi port onboard) is visible under 'sound & video controllers' in Control-Panle/system....

click on the + sign next to: 'sound & video controllers' - and choose the device which has the PC midi I/O port on it....

right click on the device and choose 'properties' and check the 'drivers' tab... is it the right driver?.... you prolly wont know, so make a list of the drivers that are listed... if the driver list contains a tree with + signs, open it all out till all drivers show... make a list of them and save it on a text file...

go to the manufaturer's website for the midi pc device and search for the latest correct drivers on their downloads section...

unzip if required into a directory, and label as the soundcard/midi port device driver...

if the soundcard/midi device has a programme or applet installed, do the uninstall for that first - that'll be in: - Control-Panel/add remove programmes

go to control panel/system, and choose the midi device from 'sound & video controllers' listing - delete it..

shut down the pc - and remove the card - reboot and open the list of drivers...

use START button 'FIND' to find the drivers and delete them. - shut down... reboot... check all is ok... close down the pc again

Ok... add the card back in, and re-boot, windows will find it most likely, so when it says it has found a device and will look for drivers (recommended) tell it NO cancel this setup...

windows will finish booting normally then - NOW it has booted we'll add the card manualy -

CHECK IF THE DOWNLOADED DRIVERS HAVE A SETUP EXE FILE OR ANY INF files (if it was a zip of several files) - if there is only a setup exe and no inf files in the driver download folder then first run the setup exe... Running that will most likely add-in the drivers after setup, so after setup, reboot...

On reboot windows may 'find new hardware' and 'add' the drivers that you installed by running the 'Setup' previous to rebooting...

if there is NO setup file and it the driver download is a collection of files s in mebbe a zip file and there is some inf files and vxd etc files in there then use Control-Panel...

go to Control-Panel/add new hardware - and follow the instructions... BUt when it comes to ask you if it should 'search for new hardware', tell it NO and browse manualy to where is the inf file or required extantion and choose the driver... after choosing a list of hardware will show itself in a onblong screen... there may be 2 or more items in there or only one - choose your device and windows will install the driver...

ok then you have new latest driver and no other old ones...

ok... check this... choose: - windows START button/ programmes/ steinberg cubase vst/ 'setup MME'

a box appears with upper & lower screen showing all midi IN & OUT ports found.... check your midi port OUT you want to use is 'active', AND make sure it is at the top of the list of OUT-ports

make sure the Midi IN you wish to use is 'active', and move it also to the top of the In-port list

Turn off any unwanted ports...

exit setup mme

Boot VST - connect JP to pc selected MIDI IN port... go to the top of this test and start again...

If you get a midi IN from the Jp and see the green MIDI IN indicator flicker on the VST transport bar then fine... make sure the track that is selected in VST is set to the correct midi OUT Port - and play the JP again... the red MIDI OUT light on the VST transport bar should also be flickering in time with the green IN indicator

if all that is showing then connect the Nova to the PC midi OUT and put it into programme mode choose a sound and set the GLOBAL midi setting to channel 1

back in VST, set the selected VST Midi Track to channel_1 and when you play the JP the nova should get midi -

if all that works than add-in the ER1...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             19-Sep-01  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: How can VST recognize my Nova

influx

Link?:  Link

why channel 16, kilo? for the controller?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)